Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I am a sock knitting MANIAC!

The pedi socks are coming out really good. This is my first actual pair of 'socks' [though I'm not sure if they count because they don't have a toe]. But I am making them all on my own, I haven't asked for help once!

Last night was the teen knitting group at the library. It was only Becky and i who showed up, but that was ok. I had fun nonetheless. When I started the knitting sesson at 5:30 I was still working on the upper ankle part, and when I finished at a little past 7 I was working on turning the heel. I think that is good progress, looking at the fact that I think about 40 minutes of that time was spent talking and not knitting.

After knitting I continued to work on the sock while watching Dawson's Creek [which is my new favorite show, seeing as how none of the new seasons for the shows I watch have started yet]. When I went to bed I had finished turning the heel, pickign up the stitches for the gussets, and now I am just doing regular knitting until I have to do the k2p2 rib and bind off. I think I should finish the first sock tonight! [hopefully]

That's all the knitting news that I have so....

Happy Knitting Everyone!

3 comments:

Micky said...

Sorry it's taking so long for me to get back with comments. I am not getting my notifications of comments anymore. Don't know why. Probably just because I am too busy to check for them.
I'm not sure I can explain a mobius very well. It's a piece of continuous knitting. There is really no wrong side. It grows out of the center both ways.
Ah well. I bet that didn't help at all did it?
Hope everything is going well.
:)

Anushka said...

That's great that you've got a teen knitting group going. I might have to try doing the same.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,

I came upon your blog when looking for "dishcloth" knitting patterns. I'm trying to find my grandmother's pattern, which I think began with casting on a single stitch, and increasing from there. Do you have a written pattern for your dishcloth? All I can find is examples that start with four stitches.

It is great to know that there is a young generation of avid knitters out there.

Please excuse me if I'm not following proper "blog" etiquette--I'm not normally a blogger.

Marjorie