Saturday, August 12, 2006

Madam Stash Enhancer

I just did this Stitcher's Name Generator and mine came up as Madam Stash Enhancer. I sure do love to enhance my stash!!

Onto actual knitting news...

In spirit of August Project Spectrum, I picked up the cable squares for my afghan. I figured since they needed to be finished anyway and they fit into the colors for this month, why not? I had to do some frogging though, in one of the squares I left off in the middle of a cable section, and of course I didn't remember what row I left off on. But all is well, I just re-knit it.

Because of said cable squares I have put asside the pinwheel blanket, which is alright though because I'm not sure if I'm going to contiue with it. See, I casted on with acrylic yarn, just to test it out before I casted on with the boucle, so I wouldn't mess up. Then I figured, hey I have enough acrylic and I need to bust some stash, but then I started thinking... What am I going to do with two pinwheel blankets? I might finish the one I started in the Harry Potter colors and give it to a friend for Christmas, but I'm not sure yet.

Now enough about stash busting.. lets talk about some stash enhancing!

Yesterday after work I bought myself some sock yarn!! It's nothing too fancy, but it works for me. It's Lion Brand's Magic Stripes. Here are the colors I bought:


Bright Spring Pattern

Brown/Blue Pattern

I bought the Brown/Blue Pattern for my mom. When I was looking at them, my mom was like 'Oh, this one is nice. I like it.' and then above the yarn was a sock knitted up, with that yarn and she really liked it. I bought it with her there, but she doesn't know that the yarn is for her yet. I might do a Christmas present, but I know I gave her a coupon for Mother's day of one free handknit item, so I'm not sure yet.

In non-knitting news, the heat has finally broke! It is in the high fifties/low sixties right now. Which isn't bothering me one bit! I love the fall weather, it's my favorite time of the year! And speaking of fall, I go back to school on the 5th of September. I'm waiting for my schedule to arrive in the mail, it should be coming either sometime next week, or the week after.

That's all the news I have, so....

Happy Knitting Everyone!

1 comment:

Micky said...

Man I have been busy. You have bunches of posts since I last read. Can't wait to see that branching out. I started one eons ago, but it's just waiting patiently for me to finish it someday.
Thanks for wishing me a happy b-day!
:)